Botanical Gardens

 


I took 140 pictures today and, according to my step tracker app, made 25,000 steps (approximately 12 miles/ 20 kilometers) I met my tutor early; she had offered to help me at the bank to pick up my new ATM card.  She also showed me where to buy tickets for the bus and tram. We stopped at a cafe for coffee (I had a beetroot smoothie) before going to the bus stop. 

The bus to the botanical gardens runs only twice an hour. We missed the first bus, then ended up waiting an hour for the next bus. Coming home from the botanical garden, we saw the bus as it pulled out and decided to walk instead of waiting for the next bus.  

While waiting for the bus, I learned the greetings. Next week in church, I should be able to greet the usher. While sitting under the trees in the arboretum, I learned the numbers. I tried rehearsing them on the walk home, but had forgotten three and four. However, when I went shopping this evening, I recognized three when the cashier told me that I should pay 3300 forint. 

The tropical greenhouses were closed today (they had sprayed for bugs), but the rose garden, butterfly house, lotus garden, squash garden, vegetable garden, arboretum and Japanese gardens were open.  All of my photos were of flowers and butterflies. I'll share a few here in this blog, then, when I have a day without pictures, I'll share some others.

Butterflies


Lotus Garden


Rose Garden

Squash Garden







Comments

  1. I think I will try putting out some orange slices to attract butterflies.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

August Blessings

Fall Colors and Cityscapes