Exploration

 



Today, my wanderings took me around the water tower  (a.k.a. Viztorony) although I did not intend for it to be so when I set out. My goal was to find New Hope Baptist Church (Szegedi Uj Remeny) that I might attend it on Sunday. In order to challenge my memory from Saturday night when I looked up the instructions, I did not take my phone.  Unfortunately, in not taking my phone, I did not take my camera either. I was supposed to turn on Kalvin Street, but missed it and turned on another street that started with a K. It never crossed the M street with the church address, so when I got to a main thoroughfare, I turned right, thinking I would make a loop. The streets are not as straight as they appear on the map. I found the M street, but the numbers on the buildings were much lower than I remember of the address. I thought that the street had changed names for a while, so I crossed the main thoroughfare and began walking down a side street. I found a different Baptist church when I was attracted to a plaque on the side of the building that said Martin Luther King. I walked further down the street, but when the name remained the same and I was at the next thoroughfare, I turned back. I see now, as I'm looking at the map with new understanding, that I passed New Hope Baptist Church about three times.  Anyway, as I was walking back, I saw the tower and began walking toward it. However. the apartments on the street obscured my view, so you see I walked a little past it until I saw the name of a street I recognized. My spatial intelligence was working properly in this case.

I walked directly to the water tower then went to the grocery store, where I considered buying lunch meat, but I couldn't read the packages. There was canned herring and sardines, but these did not particularly appeal to me. There was no salad, so I came home with tomatoes, mushrooms, cheese, bread, and a can of kidney beans (I could read the picture). I also found some coconut wafers to satisfy my sweet tooth. Concerning yesterday's observation about eating meat, I emailed my colleague this morning about going to a restaurant that serves Hungarian food.  She agreed. We have arranged to meet tomorrow for lunch, after I sign the lease on my apartment. (It was supposed to be done today but it seems that coordinating all the people to make it happen was a bit of a challenge). 











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

August Blessings

Fall Colors and Cityscapes