Solitude

 Happy St. Steven's Day, not the Stephen who was the first martyr, but Prince Steven who was declared a saint in the tenth century.  Steven was the first king of Hungary. He was instrumental in the country's conversion to Christianity in the late 9th century because of the political advantage that it would give them.  

Hungarians celebrate this day with food festivals and fireworks. On my walk along the river, I heard people singing karaoke. The street itself was not too crowded in the afternoon when I took my walk. I didn't go toward the squares where the food was. I still don't know my numbers and rely heavily on cash registers to see how much I need to pay.

Instead of celebrating St Steven's Day by going out, I stayed in and caught up on some of the projects I need to do to get ready for school to start. Today, i did more of the same. I took a very long walk in the early afternoon, exploring some of the streets around my neighborhood. I didn't have to use the GPS to get home today, I've posted some pictures of interesting things I saw on my walk. 

drinking fountain in the park
closer look at spigots on drinking fountain



52 Hattyu

This door is all that's left of the building and courtyard that used to stand at 52 Hattyu Street. If you look closely, you can see a pile of rubble behind the door.

swing at the elementary school

I think this swing is swung from side to side. The seat of the swing is a long thick rope.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

August Blessings

Fall Colors and Cityscapes