Thursday Todos

I finished four of the five todos for Thursday, August 19.

Learn to record and upload videos to YouTube using Nimbus

7:45- 8:50   After recording my video and discovering that editing only happened in the paid version, I uploaded to YouTube to find out the audio I used (which I chose because it was in the creative commons) had copyright issues. During the trial, videos can be as long as I want. After the trial, I’ll be limited to 5 minutes.


Update photos

9:40- 9:55 Earlier, I posted pictures of my route to school. I’ve discovered a shorter route. There is a diagonal road that goes straight to Szechenyi Square  if I turn right at the City Hotel. It transforms four blocks to one block and shaves a few minutes off my travel time.


Tutor in the library

10:00-12:00  Tuesday, I learned Hungarian in the library.  Today our roles were reversed. My tutor asked questions about English grammar and I answered them.

I did ask a question about a word I heard and common words on signs. The common words that I saw were Zarva (Closed) and Nyitva (Open). It’s a good thing I asked about Nyitva because I thought it had something to do with deliveries.


Finalize syllabi

12:00-2:00  I need to finalize my syllabi, but when I got home from the office yesterday afternoon, I decided to continue my walk. I did my upriver, down river route and saw that they are getting prepared for a festival next week and have closed the road next to the river on the New Szeged side. I went shopping for bandaids and kidney beans after my walk. 

Language Learning Doodles


2:00-2:30  I ate lunch and listened to the radio while doing so.


2:30-4:00 I continued to listen to the radio. Tony Evans has a program on KHCB at 8:30 am (3:30 pm here) that I like to listen to. After the program, I became very sleepy. I did a four minute workout for arms. 


Practice Hungarian

4:00-9:50 I tried to work, but found it hard to focus. I managed to practice my Hungarian and create a picture to help me remember colors. I ate a light supper around 5, took a warm bath around 7 and watched two movies. When I went to bed at 9:50, I wasn’t as sleepy as I had been at 4:00, but fortunately, I was sleepy enough to go to sleep by 10:30. 



I didn't get very far with work-related tasks for August.


Task List 8-19

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

August Blessings

Fall Colors and Cityscapes