Marketing in Hungarian


Exchange rate:
$1=321 forint
1 forint=45 Indonesian rupiah

Today I did my weekly language acquisition checkup at the market.  The banana seller spoke to fast for me to hear the price, and she pointed to the price on the scale. The egg vendor is the same as the last few months, so I gave him the money before he told me the price.  The other vendors told me the price in Hungarian and I gave them the correct amount of exact change for our transaction.

Szeged streets are all decked out for Christmas. They seem to have a preference for white and yellow lights.  The mall is also decorated with evergreen, gold ornaments, and yellow lights. I did my marketing without my phone this morning, so I could not take a picture of the decoration at the mall. This picture was taken on my walk home from school on Monday evening before 7 o' clock.





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

August Blessings

Fall Colors and Cityscapes