TWOS DAY
I'll write early this week to see if I can finish this posting by 8:22 pm on the 22nd of Februrary, 2022. I suppose I could wait a couple hours and have another 2 in the datestamp for this Twos Day.
I'm not sure that I have that much to report. In the news, I've heard that Russia is trying to takeover Ukraine. I've also heard from someone who has Ukrainian friends that the parts of Ukraine that Russians are occupying are places in which Russians are the primary inhabitants. It seems that in Ukraine the situation is not as serious or as dangerous as is reported even in Hungary There are also ethnic Hungarians that live in Ukraine. These, too, are not seeking to escape.
The scarier news is inflation. In translating for me, my Hungarian friend learned the word subsidize. The Hungarian goverment subsidizes energy for its residents, so the bills are not quite as high as in Romania and Ukraine at the moment.
April 3 is Election Day. Even on YouTube I'm bombarded with campaign ads. I ignore them or skip them.
My task this week will be deciding on a new phone carrier. I've been using Google-Fi for several years now, but received an email that they would be suspending my international data services because I have been in Hungary for so long. I've been asking the people who I would possibly call which carrier they use (there are three in Hungary). It seems that they all use a different carrier, so I will need to see which has the best deal. I tried when I first came to get a phone, but post-paid plans, which are the cheapest, require a residence permit. By the time I got my residence permit, I was quite used to using my American phone number even though it would be significantly cheaper to go with a Hungarian carrier.
Comments
Post a Comment