In My Creator's Eyes

Thank you for friends and family,

who bring encouragement and cheer

I've done nothing to deserve their love

Yet they draw me near

"A diamond in the rough," they call me

And help me realize

That though I am not worthy 

I am not worthless in my Creator's eyes


Thank you for the thorns and thistles

For jealousy that crushes me in the ground

Pointing out my faults and failures

With false accusations weighing me down

A diamond in the rough You call me

so I withstand their viscious lies

For though I know I am not worthy

I am not worthless in my Creator's Eyes


Belittled, betrayed, and bruised

Battling bitterness and grief

Fearful, flawed, fretful

Plagued with failure and disbelief

A diamond in the rough You call me

Exchanged for a Pearl of Great Price

Although I am not worthy 

I am not worthless in my Creator's eyes


In faith, I see my flaws fixed 

And my fears flee

My faults and failures are forgiven

My spirit is made free

And while I am not worthy of such a wonderful prize

Neither am I worthless in my Creator's eyes


Thank you for crucibles and crosses

For Your presence in the bad and good

For seeing me through  ugliness

Through pain of things not understood

A diamond in the rough You call me

And give me strength in my demise

For although I am not worthy

I am not worthless in my Creator's eyes.


A diamond in the rough You call me

Exchanged for a Pearl of Great Price

Although I am not worthy 

I am not worthless in my Creator's eyes

No, I am not worthless in Your eyes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

August Blessings

Fall Colors and Cityscapes