International Women's Day

 Yesterday, on my walk to work, a man with a flower truck approached me and gave me a tulip.  I told him, Thank you, but had not idea why he was passing out tulips. Since I had six hours of teaching ahead of me, I passed the gift on to the receptionist when I signed out the key to my classroom.

Later in the afternoon, while I was walking home, I ran into a colleague of mine from the high school. She was carrying a couple of flowers that her students had given her.  She explained to me that it was Women's Day and the tradition was that men and boys should give women flowers. 

Last night, the pastor brought a dozen roses to prayer meeting, but forgot about them until there were only five people left at the church and I was the only woman. I shared with the gentlemen who had wives and daughters, and brought the rest home to share on this blog:






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

August Blessings

Fall Colors and Cityscapes