Happy Easter

 Our Spring Break coincides with Easter, so today is the fourth day of vacation. I say vacation, but I've spent each day responding to student work and have awakened each morning from a dream in which I was working out a new assignment for my writing class. We have only four weeks left in the semetser, which I reminded myself before I got too far along in making preparations. This morning my thoughts quickly turned to Easter and to the sunrise services I've attended over the years, though the last one was about five years ago when I was in Indonesia. I awake at 5:30, 20 minutes before sunrise, but the light of dawn had begun to stream through my kitchen window. I looked at my weather app and sow that the termperature was 40 but felt like 36. I considered snuggling under the blankets, but got up instead, pulled on two pairs of pants, thick socks, a sweatshirt and my down coat, then grabbed my camera and went out in pursuit of the sunrise. I realized I had never taken the time to watch the sunrise here and, though I knew the general direction, 

I did not know a good place to watch. I walked all along the river, but the view was obstructed by buildings and powerlines. The sun may have been elusive, but that did not stop me from taking pictures of the spring flowers and budding trees.


At 6:20, I finally found a field to watch the sun rise behind the clouds. The western sky was quite clear this morning. 


On my walk back home, I traveled directly west, alternating between skyscapes and vegetation. When I reached my street, I was a bit disoriented. I knew it was my street because of the name, but it was going perpendicular to the street in which the sun was at my back. I knew which side of the street I lived on because of the tram tracks, but I took several steps to the right before I figured out I should have turned left. 





 I tried to go around the buildings only to find other buildings. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

August Blessings

Fall Colors and Cityscapes