Beauty of Spring
It seems that I have been reading research papers for two months. Last night, I read the last of them. Tomorrow, the exam period starts. I was scheduled to proctor and exam, but there are few enough taking the exam that they only need one room. Since I was scheduled for the overflow, I've been released. In the afternoon, I will receive a batch of essays to read, but their length is limited by the speed with which the students could write the essay for the exam. I also will not have to defend my grade (unless I fail it), and grading in examiner mode is much faster than grading in writing coach mode.
In the last month, some of the trees have blossomed and shed their blossoms for green leaves. The tulips and irishave bloomed and are now back to being leaves again. Yesterday, while walking home from the prayer meeting, I noticed a rose garden in a park that I pass through. It was still light enough to get pictures. These days, the sun is rising around 5 am and setting at 8 pm. Here are the pictures I've been saving up to share for the past month.
A couple of weeks ago, I was invited to a guitar concert at a friend's home. The musician was a former student who had gone far. In fact, today he is playing in his master's recital at a prestigious music school in Budapest. The peformance was incredible.
My next project, now that classes are over, is to sort through all of the evaluations and reflections of my students to propose a more interactive curriculum. I will also be looking at the benefits of Google Docs and exploring the possibilities of using it for my writing classes. It seemed to work well for some of my students this semester. I'll need to sort through the kinks.
Today, however, I'm resting and thinking about the next steps.












Comments
Post a Comment